Jovetic: No regrets over Man City exit

Inter forward Stevan Jovetic has revealed he has no regrets over his departure from Manchester City, insisting that injuries were the main reason behind his failure to make an impact with the Premier League side.

The Montenegro international spent two years at the Etihad Stadium but made less than 30 league appearances and struggled to become a regular in Manuel Pellegrini's starting XI due to persistent injury issues.

Jovetic sealed a move to Inter back in July and insists that, while it was a good decision to join City in 2013, he is now far happeir at San Siro where he is enjoying more regular football.

He told Goal: "Of course I'm happier to play more games [than at City], like I do here. That's the way I can improve and do my best for the team.

"It was a good choice to go to City at that time: a great team, with amazing players. I spent two great seasons there, a beautiful experience, unfortunately the biggest issue was related to the injuries, I had too many of them and that's the main reason I didn't play so much.

"[After a brilliant start] I had a small injury after those two games, so I had to rest. But then, although I didn't score, I played good games against Juventus and AS Roma, for example. I wasn't nervous at all, I knew the most important thing was to win games, regardless of my goals, and then I provided an assist, and that's important for me as well.

"At Inter we're doing already great things, we're top of the table and we want to continue like this."

Jovetic is currently with the Inter squad preparing to face PSG in Wednesday's glamour friendly and the 26-year-old is looking forward to testing himself against the Ligue 1 champions.

He added: "I feel good, we had a week off and now we're in Dubai, under the sun, we're training hard before the beautiful match against PSG, then we'll come back to Milano and fully focus against Empoli."

The former Fiorentina striker has started 10 of Inter's 17 Serie A fixtures to date but says that he understands the need for Roberto Mancini to rotate his squad over the course of the campaign.

"We're working great, we're playing only one game per week and it's not easy for Mancini as well, he always has to put the right players in for the right game. Of course we all always want to play, but we to think about the team first.

"[Mauro] Icardi and I are doing well both on and off the pitch, he's a good guy. It's true we didn't score 15 goals together when we played as a two, but we did well and we're going to improve. People always have to invent something to talk about but I don't care at all."
Jovetic: No regrets over Man City exit Jovetic: No regrets over Man City exit Reviewed by Unknown on 4:49 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); z35W7z4v9z8w