Arsenal Boss Arsene Wenger: I Support England's 2018 World Cup Bid


Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has revealed that he would be happy to be an ambassador for England's bid to host the 2018 World Cup.

The Frenchman sees it as an injustice that the country which gave the game of football to the world has only hosted one World Cup finals.

"I am a big supporter of the England bid for the World Cup in 2018. If I can help them, I would be very happy," the Gunners boss told reporters at his Friday press conference.

"This country deserves the World Cup. They have not had it for a long time.

"It is not normal that the country which created the sport has not had the World Cup since 1966.

"Countries like Germany have had it twice."
Wenger also felt that there was little wrong from the way in which the bid was being handled, despite some negative stories in the media.

"I do not understand a lot of stories that the campaign is not run in a good way," he added.

"I don't know how you can say it is run good or bad.

"If you have the infrastructure, the stadiums, the passion, the power to organise… I don't understand a lot of all the rest.

"But if I can help, I would be happy to do it.

"However, I have a job to do here and I must focus on that."
Arsenal Boss Arsene Wenger: I Support England's 2018 World Cup Bid Arsenal Boss Arsene Wenger: I Support England's 2018 World Cup Bid Reviewed by Unknown on 8:05 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); z35W7z4v9z8w