Van Gaal: Manchester United job could be my last

Louis van Gaal has suggested the Manchester United job could be his last, but denied that the pressure he is experiencing at Old Trafford is the reason he may leave management behind.

Van Gaal has come under intense scrutiny on the back of a run of eight games without a win in all competitions, with the Red Devils dropping down to sixth place.

A 0-0 draw with Chelsea in which United largely dominated proceedings ended a streak of four straight defeats going into Saturday's visit of Swansea City, however.

And Van Gaal revealed he is seeing signs the team are on the right track again and brushed aside talk of the pressure he is facing, though he hinted again the United position could be the last one he will hold.

"I'm always doing my work. You have to do what you have to do," the 64-year-old told reporters.

"There are members of my staff who are coming to me and saying 'boss, how can I help you more or in another way?' I say 'you are helping me by doing the things you have to do and as well as possible'. Then I am satisfied.

"I expect that also from my players, to do the same things. This is not my first club. It may be the last club as I have said, but it is not the first club where I have had a bad period."

Asked if the pressure on him is easing, Van Gaal added: "I don't know because the pressure is also what you experience by yourself and also by the players because they have to perform in a certain time.

"They have to give everything and that's the most difficult aspect of players' function.

"In 90 minutes you have to show it and against the resistance of the opponent, under the pressure of the environment but also under the pressure that you put on yourself.

"You have to cope with that. The way we played under that pressure in the style we want to play [against Chelsea], that was fantastic."
Van Gaal: Manchester United job could be my last Van Gaal: Manchester United job could be my last Reviewed by Unknown on 1:34 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); z35W7z4v9z8w