Rafael van der Vaart: "I love Tottenham"


The former Real Madrid midfielder is looking forward to Spurs' pre-season schedule and admits that he hopes to play a lot of games for Harry Redknapp's side this coming season


Tottenham midfielder Rafael van der Vaart has admitted the is settled at White Hart Lane and is feeling great after suggesting that he initially found it tough following his move to England last year.

Van der Vaart joined Spurs from Real Madrid back in September 2010 and, after impressing with his performances for the north London club during the 2010-11 season, claims he is now completely settled in the Premier League.

"In the first year you come into the club and you don’t really know anyone, you are a little nervous and you have to get used to the league, the lifestyle, but now we’re really settled and I feel great here," he told the club's official website.

Van der Vaart took part in his first pre-season training session in England earlier this week and admits that he hopes to play "a lot of games" this coming season by getting himself fit for the start of the new campaign.

"It’s been quite hard, in fact, I think I prefer to come back a little later!" Van der Vaart added.

"Seriously though, it’s been good. We’ve all had a holiday and now we’re back in training and getting ready for a hard season. I feel great. I did my fitness sessions during the summer, so I feel good.

"You need this work, it’s really important to get in shape.

"We have a tough pre-season, we go to South Africa and you want to stay fit for the whole season, so you need these sessions.

"I can remember when I came here, okay, I had pre-season at Madrid and I felt quite fit but here, the pace of the game is more intense than in Spain and that’s why I had a few little injuries.

"At the end I played a lot of games and I hope to do the same next season."
Rafael van der Vaart: "I love Tottenham" Rafael van der Vaart: "I love Tottenham" Reviewed by Unknown on 10:41 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); z35W7z4v9z8w