Roma Ace Francesco Totti Hits Back At The Critics


Roma legend Francesco Totti has hit back at the detractors who criticised him at the start of the season.

'Er Pupone' has been in fine form when playing for the Lupi. Inspirational in times of need, he has lifted them from the brink when riding the bumpy road.

However, he came under fire at the start of the season over his €5 million-per-year contract demands. In particular, it was Luciano Moggi who suggested the captain was not worthy of such remuneration and that he was "slow".

Totti is annoyed that the same people who had criticised him are now lauding his performances.

"I am the same Totti who was questioned at the start of the season over my new contract," he told Il Corriere Dello Sport.

"Now everyone is all in agreement over me and I don't think this is correct because they all seem to have changed opinion in the space of a month.

"Moggi? I must say he is right in saying I am slow, especially if you compare my speed to his when he locks people inside the dressing rooms, I am a snail on the pitch."

Totti was referring to an incident in which it was alleged Moggi locked a referee inside the dressing room when he was Juventus director.

'Il Capitano's' career has been awash with success, but two stand out.

"I will always remember June 17, 2001 and July 9, 2006, the dates of Roma's Scudetto and the World Cup," he concluded.
Roma Ace Francesco Totti Hits Back At The Critics Roma Ace Francesco Totti Hits Back At The Critics Reviewed by Unknown on 11:15 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); z35W7z4v9z8w